US Patent FAQ – a DA VINCI DESIGN® Service – Patent Information Resource
For basic information on the patent process, especially that of the United States, we welcome you to our Patent FAQ: the original FAQ on the subject of Patents published on a private site on the Web. We suggest reading our Disclaimers and Warnings before following any advice contained on this site.
- Disclaimers and Warnings
- The Inventor’s First Steps to Protecting His Invention
- What is a U.S. Patent?
- What is a Patentable Invention?
- Is a Patent Necessary?
- The Patent Process (including a word about Patent Searching)
- Patent Practitioners: Attorneys and Agents
- What are the Inventor’s Chances of Obtaining Patent Protection?
- Fees and Costs
- How Long does it take to get a Patent?
- Invention Promotion Organizations
- Defensive Driving for the Inventor
- Minimizing Legal Costs
- Where to get More Information
How much do DA VINCI® Services cost?
If you are a client, feel free to Download our confidential Tariff Sheet.